Yesterday I talked about the big moments of the year, but I also love looking back on the fashion. My top nine is all swimwear, so I wanted to do a recap of my personal favorite looks of the year:
- Fire Palette: This monochromish mix was a favorite of mine and yours – one of my most liked looks on IG all year!
- Blue + patent at NYFW: I was so happy with this layering of textures (shine, matte, mesh) and silhouettes (both formfitting and flowy) that I put together for Fashion Week.
- Statement Suit and Bustier at NYFW: This has been the year of the statement pantsuit for me, and the street style photographers agreed, stopping me repeatedly on the way in to the shows because of this look.
- Rachel Roy faux fur: This look is so very me, and I am not ashamed to say I will repeat this whole outfit again.
- Rue 107 neon co-ord set: Another September NYFW fave, this crop and skirt set was a major hit at the CurvyCon too.
- Elvi blush culottes: Earlier in the year, these blush pink pants formed the basis to one of my best minimal looks this year. Flowy over voluminous pants? Why not – fashion rules are made to be broken.
- Ellos classic camel: Something about the stripes and the red lip brought this classic American piece a bit of Parisian flair.
- Hayley Elsaesser Call Cats, Not Cat Calls: I used my favorite medium (fashion) to speak out about the plague of sexual harassment, and I looked damn good doing it. #sorrynotsorrytrolls
- Peter Pilotto dress: I styled this designer gown for day for NYFW in February (don’t worry, there was a heavy faux fur that went right back on after these pics!)
- Birthday peplum romper: Short, fun, and flirty – perfect for dancing all night with my friends in June.
- Eloquii fish embroidered skirt: The morning after my birthday celebration, we woke up and needed to ward off a hangover with pancakes. I was feeling lazy but this great skirt motivated me to pull a look together instead of rolling out all rumpled. Worth it!
- Non-prissy midi from Tibi: I styled this semi-sheer dress into three different looks, but this edgier version was by far my favorite.
- Nautical with Prabal: Seriously loved switching it up with a preppy inspired look from the Prabal Gurung x Lane Bryant collab.
- Tracy Reese midi: My go-to dress for 2017 was this simple and chic Tracy Reese number from her collection with Gwynnie Bee.
- Casual shine with Opening Ceremony and Loralette: One of my favorite things about getting dressed in creating something new – for example: Taking pieces that could read cutesy (like a baby pink velvet cami) and putting my own spin on them.
- Casual Neutral: I loved the simplicity of this casual monochrome look so much that I recreated it for summer too.
- Bright for Fashion Week: On the other hand, sometimes more is more when it comes to color, and I loved creating my own palette for this bold color look.
Which look was your favorite?