The plus size modeling world is filled with debates about size, but international model (including on the runway for Jean Paul Gaultier) and editor of Volup2 magazine is all about keeping things in perspective. Her recent statement on the subject focused on the importance of diversity in modeling, in all respects, and the true beauty of all women. Velvet is an influential figure in the plus community, and I am loving her commitment to body positivity and the importance of representation. Take a peek into what she is loving right now below:
1. Favorite recent purchase? Sony DSC-RX1 camera
2. Favorite color for Spring? Soft pink
3. Favorite website to waste time on? www.etsy.com
4. Favorite place you’ve visited this year? London
5. Favorite song on heavy rotation right now? Ciara Body Party [Editor’s note: Who doesn’t love a good body roll?]
Let me know if you share any of her current faves in the comments below, and tell me who you’d like to see in Five Faves next!