If you are looking for a way to update your outerwear, there is one standout style this season: The shacket.
With the cut of a shirt and the weight of a jacket, the shacket is the perfect item to shop if you are looking to layer on some newness. We just had the first true crisp fall day in NYC this weekend, and let me tell you: The shackets were out in force. I haven’t seen a street style consensus this strong since the complete rebuke of skinny jeans this spring (which still holds true, BTW).
There are a lot of great, on-trend shacket options available to shop in plus size right now too. Click through below for some of my favorites on the market:
The oversized silhouette and the option to wear it open like a jacket or closed like a shirt make shackets really versatile, but if you are looking for some ideas of how to style a shacket, may I suggest:
10 Ways to Style a Shacket
- Shacket + slip dress + combat boots
- Shacket + ribbed crop top + high waisted wide leg jeans + platform sneakers
- Shacket + hoodie sweater dress + suede sneakers
- Shacket + longline tank + bike shorts + lug sole boots
- Shacket (worn closed) + flare leg pants + chunky loafers
- Shacket (partially buttoned) + straight leg cropped jeans + white ankle boots
- Shacket + loungewear set + white sneakers
- Shacket + cozy sweater + solid leggings + riding boots
- Shacket + bodysuit + high rise trousers + western boots
- And last but not least, the easiest combo (and one of my favorites): Shacket + tee dress + knee high boots:
P.S. If you are looking for more info on the boots here and other wide calf options, check out my new 2021 Wide Calf Boot Guide!