Five Faves: Blogger Georgette of Grown and Curvy Woman
Georgette’s Fab NYE Look
When I discovered the incredible community of plus size fashion bloggers, Georgette of Grown and Curvy Woman was one of the first bloggers I followed. Her knack for rocking bold colors and putting together creative outfit palettes was impressive, and a great source of inspiration for me, a New Yorker that used to fall into the all black everything rut too often.
I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Georgette twice (the first time at the Cabiria NYFW show), and she is just as awesome in person. I am so happy to share what she is loving right now on this Five Faves.
1. Favorite outfit post in the past month? I love what I wore for NYE! It was comfortable & fun!
2. Favorite go-to piece of clothing? For me it’s a pencil skirt. I used to shun them because of stupid “fashion rules” but now I love them! Pencil skirts are timeless and classic.
3. Favorite fellow fashion blogger this month? I’m totally crushing on Assa from My Curves and Curls. Her style is effortless and classic. Plus her hair is divine!
4. Favorite sparkly thing? My crystal flora bib from Baublebar just makes my day! [Editor’s note: I’ve seen her rock it over a plaid – a look I love but have yet to attempt. It really made the outfit pop.]
5. Favorite recent source of inspiration? Pinterest is my crack! Lately I’ve been finding a lot of outfit inspiration from women of all shapes & sizes on there.
Thank you for sharing your latest favorites with us Georgette!
Readers, I’d love to hear from you: What type of questions would you like to see on Five Faves in the future? And who would you like to be featured? I want your faves to be well represented 🙂